Organization Name: Thirty Seconds Out
About Our Organization: We are a growing small veteran & family-owned e-commerce lifestyle brand that sells stickers, hats, and apparel (t-shirts, sweatshirts) and ships our stuff all over the United States and the world. Our main headquarters is relocating to Montrose, Colorado, as of Sept 1. We will also open our first flagship retail space in the months to come. We have been in business for 8 years and are excited to grow our next phase in Colorado! We take the mindset our founder created while in the military and apply that to everyday life. Our brand is geared toward anyone who “gets after it” no matter their job or hobbies. We have a passion for adventure and the outdoors and kicking things up a notch! Since we are a very small business, we each wear many hats. We have a culture of inclusion and welcome the ideas of each and every team member. We encourage each team member to share ideas, contribute to marketing content if possible, and be an overall ambassador for the brand. We will continue to develop & grow and look to work with others who are looking to grow with us!!
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared Date: 07-14-2022
Effective Date: 09-01-2022
Hiring Manager Job Title: Director of HR & Administration
Job Function: Manual Order Fulfillment & Customer Service
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Employment Status: Part-time Regular
Primary Location: 33 N Cascade Ave, Montrose, CO 81401
Wage Range: $18-$20/hour
We are currently looking for part-time help in our warehouse fulfilling orders by packing merchandise and getting it to the Post Office timely, along with helping keep the warehouse in good shape. This individual will also be responsible for our online customer service needs, interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products, and to handle and resolve complaints. Examples – answering and addressing packing mistakes, shipping/tracking questions, resolving order issues, and responding timely to emails, app messages, and social media order inquiries.
- Approximately 2-4 hours/day, Monday- Friday. Some days may require a little longer depending on order volume, restocks, warehouse appearance, customer service issues, etc.
- Availability to work longer hours during the holiday months (starting with Black Friday until the end of December), with possible weekend hours on Black Friday weekend.
- Hours each day are flexible as long as all the orders from the previous day are packed, the packages get to the Post Office by the deadline early afternoon (see responsibilities), and customer service messages are addressed.
- Onboarding & training will be provided. Hours may vary during this period.
- Must be able to stand long hours and lift minimum of 45 lbs.
- Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma – or the equivalent (for example, GED)
- Fluent in English due to customer service responsibilities.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Previous warehouse or order fulfillment experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous experience with Shopify Software
- Social Media (IG & FB) experience
Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Clerical – Knowledge of basic administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as email, word processing, and managing & organizing electronic files.
Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of basic computer skills and software.
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Attention to Detail -Ability to recognize and respond to small details.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Strong Communication Skills:
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively & timely.
- Writing- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension- Ability to read and understand written emails and work-related documents.
- Monitoring- Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. This includes maintaining a strong sense of self-accountability.
- Organization – Ability to maintain an organized physical work environment, schedule, and work routine.
- Repetition – Comfortable with a job that is repetitive
- Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Service Orientation- Actively looking for ways to help people such as customers & coworkers, along with timely follow-up.
- Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Teamwork – Ability to work well with others as a team when applicable.
- Computer/Technology- Can use a laptop and learn new software & phone apps programs quickly.
- Quality Control Analysis- Conducting inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Troubleshooting- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about them.
- Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes. Willingness to look for efficiency and changes to your system when applicable.
- Systems Evaluation- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Resource Management Skills
- Management of Material Resources- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work. Ability to plan when we need to place restock orders on supplies and products.
- Time Management- Ability to manage your own time, be self-motivated, work independently, and hold yourself accountable.
Communication – Regular communication with your manager and team members will be required, using SLACK primarily (our communication application) and phone, to ensure we stay on top of inventory needs, supplies, customer service issues that might affect the company, etc. Also, we encourage a sharing of ideas (products, processes/procedures, etc.) as a team to always be looking to improve ourselves and the brand.
Role Relationships – In this role, you will have three role relationships. The first role will be as a team member where you will have an equal voice as other team members. While you will mainly work independently in your average day-to-day activity, you will be a key member of the overall team to ensure things run smoothly. The second role will be the main customer service liaison. We look to have you under promise and overdeliver to our customers. We want to wow our customers with our service. While mistakes/errors or hiccups happen, within or without our control, it’s about how we resolve the issue that makes our brand stand out from our competitors. The final role will be as a brand ambassador. When you wear our brand, work at our facility, or speak on behalf of the company, you represent the brand, and we expect our team members to always act accordingly.
Work Setting – In this role, you will work in a warehouse setting in the back of a retail shop in the downtown historic district of Montrose. There will be shelves, boxes, packing materials, and some small hazards due to the nature of the warehouse. In the customer service role, you can manage this role from the warehouse on a supplied laptop and on your mobile phone, if you decide to. While we want to maintain a clean and organized work environment, due to the nature of packing and unpacking inventory, you may be exposed to mild dust or dirt. The building will be climate controlled.
Job Hazards – There will be lifting required with this role when restocking shelves or organizing the warehouse space. You are required to lift a minimum of 45lbs. You may also work with a box cuter and packing tape.
Body Positioning – 90% of the job will require you to be standing or moving around on your feet. You will need to be able to do some lifting, kneeling, bending, and reaching throughout the day.
Work Attire – Clean & comfortable clothes, along with slip-proof closed-toed shoes are required.
Impact of Decisions – Once trained you will have independence in making decisions on how the warehouse is organized to ensure the best efficiency for you and anyone who may work with you or cover for you. When working with customers, you will oversee making some important customer-facing decisions. However, you will always have the support of your manager when needed or unsure how to proceed. We encourage teamwork and asking for help!
Routine versus Challenging Work – Much of the role will be routine and repetitive.
Pace and Scheduling – The scheduling & pace each day will be flexible, as long as the orders go out by the post-office deadline every day (1 pm) and all customer service concerns are addressed daily.
Primary Job Duties
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually into our Shopify software.
- Unpack inventory & stock on shelves in the warehouse.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in the warehouse.
- Examine and inspect stock items for defects, reporting any damage to the manager.
- Dispose of damaged or defective items or return them to vendors.
- Print customer shipping & packing labels daily.
- Package up each customer order carefully.
- Deliver packages to Post Office no later than 1:00 pm each weekday.
- Keep the warehouse clean, organized, and stocked before leaving each day.
- Notify the Warehouse manager of any merchandise or packing supplies that are low in stock.
- Address all basic customer service (returns, packing or shipping issues, basic complaints, etc.) on a daily.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Prepare change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
- Confer with customers by email or telephone to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel orders, or obtain details of complaints.
- Clock in & out via mobile app
- Attending all mandatory team meetings (in person or zoom).
- Communicate to the team via Slack (mobile app)
- And all other duties assigned.
Tools and Technology for Role
Bar code reader equipment
- Not used yet but will be coming soon. Team will learn this tool together.
Packing label printers
- Compact label printer
- Laptop provided
Data base user interface and query software
Inventory management software
Office suite software
- Google Suite - email, docs, sheets, drive
Operating system software
- Shopify POS
- Paychex Mobile App
Payroll Employee Access software
- Paychex Self-Service Mobile App
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.